Monday, December 17, 2012

Zappadan Day 14: Baby Snakes--The Movie/Concert

In anticipation of my upcoming adventure for The Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad (working title: The Mysterious Temple of the Serpent God), I bring to you something a little bit different for today's Zappadan festivities: A short film, "Baby Snakes: A movie about people who do stuff that is not normal."

Oh, I suppose the connection between my campaign and the film is a bit tenuous, but it does in fact have the word "Snakes" in it, so there's that. I like that it gives me a sense of the various parts of the creative processes that went into making music and making art and making them together. I really dig that kind of thing. Even better, all of this is being done analog, as the digital technologies of the 1980s and onward simply didn't exist at the point when this was made (1970s). But seriously, this is pretty nifty. The music part of it is only the beginning. There's stop action animation (claymation style) along with a lot of cool studio and production bits, candids, and other stuff.

If you like documentaries, then you'll probably like this. (Individual results may vary. For erections lasting long than four hours, you may need additional partners. A moose once bit my sister. Moose bites can be pretty nasty, you know.)

So, presented without further comment for your viewing pleasure:

"Baby Snakes: A movie about people who do stuff that is not normal

No comments:

Post a Comment