Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DCC Spell Idea: D'Gale's Avenging Domicile

As I lay in bed last night, attempting to go to sleep, I was thinking about magic and spells, and then the Wizard of Oz came into my head. That was when it all came together. Everybody thought the whole "dropping a house on somebody" thing was a spell, so they thought Dorothy was a witch. That makes perfect sense. 

So, I'm going to create a DCC version of this spell, and I will call it "D'Gale's Avenging Domicile" (for Dorothy Gale, you see). It might take me a little while to finish, but this will happen. 

So, readers, a question: What level DCC spell would this be? I'm thinking it should be around 3rd level, maybe as low as 2nd. However, at the highest results, you could literally be raining houses (or a whole freaking castle) on someone's head. For that reason, it could do a fuckton of damage if you get a ridiculous result. That might push it up to 4th or even 5th level, I think, but I don't want to put it out of reach for mid-range characters. 

Also, is there anything else I should take into account in writing this spell?

2 comments:

  1. That wasn't what I had in mind, but now that you mention it, yes, I think this would be a pretty good one. But I guess the question remains... Who is the patron? Is it Glenda, Dorothy, or Oz the Great and Powerful?

    ReplyDelete