Saturday, November 9, 2013

Announcement--DCC #82 Bride of the Black Manse

I have an exciting announcement to make. If you're reading this blog, my guess is that it's something you'd be interested in.

My adventure Blood for the Serpent King will be published by Goodman Games as an add-on to an adventure by ace writer +Harley Stroh. Harley's adventure, Bride of the Black Manse, will be the primary adventure in the module, and is designed for level 3 Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG characters. Blood for the Serpent King is for 2nd level DCC RPG characters.


I'm really excited about this, as publishing something with Goodman has been a dream of mine since I first started writing adventures for DCC RPG. I submitted a module to Goodman a while back, but it wasn't something they needed at the time. Nonetheless, Joseph Goodman was kind enough to give it a good read-through and made some incredibly helpful suggestions for revising it. Every single thing he recommended was excellent advice, and will go into my next revision. Unfortunately, that meant I wouldn't be publishing with Goodman. It's what I kind of expected, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't disappointed. So, imagine my surprise when I got an email from Joseph Goodman a few weeks later, asking me if I'd like to do a short adventure based on an earlier DCC Module. I (of course) accepted the offer, and was assigned to produce an adventure based on the Emerald Cobra, a villain appearing in Goodman Games' D&D 3rd edition adventure module, DCC #16 Curse of the Emerald CobraBlood for the Serpent King is my response to this source material.


I'd like to thank the guys from the Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad campaign, +Adam Muszkiewicz+Wayne Snyder+Bear Wojtek+James MacGeorge+Gabriel Perez Gallardi, and +phil spitzer, as well as +Jason Miller, Kevin Sunderland, John Iverson, and Ryan Bakhiet. These guys participated in the playtests and their participation resulted in changes that really improved my work. Thanks very much, guys.

You can pre-order the adventure from Goodman Games for $9.99 plus shipping & handling.


No comments:

Post a Comment